Market will be OPEN MAY 2014!!!
Local Shenandoah Valley Farmers & Artisans Wanted!
Spread the word. Plant a seed.
WHAT is SHENANDOAH VALLEY HOMEGROWN?
- We’re an ONLINE FARMER’S MARKET where whole foods can be purchased directly from Local Farmers.
- We Bring the Farm to You!
- Members of VALLEY HOMEGROWN order exactly what they want, in the quantities they choose from the farmer’s they choose.
- Our Growers/Producers are mostly small, family owned and operated farms.
- The majority of our market offerings are grown and produced within the Northern Shenandoah Valley region but some further down in the Valley.
- Although all items are not USDA certified organic, most are organic in the sense they use little to NO synthetic pesticides and herbicides. Just Ask Your Farmer Here!
- Each item is clearly identified by its Grower. You can learn more about each Farm and their cultivation standards by visiting Our Growers section.
- Our market items are super Fresh. Most items from our Farm Members are harvested and delivered to you the same day.
- Market items include Fruit, Vegetables, Herbs, Nuts, Meats, Eggs, Dairy and Honey.
- Ready-to-eat, locally prepared foods like Breads, Deserts, Salsas, Jellies and Pickled items can also be found. Origin and ingredients are clearly labeled.
- Fresh Flowers, Herbs, Plants, Trees, Health, Beauty and Pet items are featured through our online market.
- and, We often showcase Handmade, Artisan Crafts as well as Vintage and Antique items.
- Items are listed weekly by the Farmers/Producers. Members order what they want from the farmer they want, and it is either picked up at our central location in Winchester, VA, or we can deliver it right to your door.
- Ordering cut-off for the week is Tuesday by 5pm. So, get your orders in for the week by that time.
- Pick up is always Thursdays from 4:30pm-7:30pm.
- Pick up is at Willow Grove Farm in Winchester, Virginia off Merrimans Lane. Once ordered, we will give you the exact location of where to pickup.
- We also deliver to your home or office doorstep. Cost is ~$5-$10 depending on the exact location. Call to inquire.
- How do you pay for your online purchase? Currently, you pay either cash or check at the time of pickup. In the future, we will also have credit card transaction ability.
- Check out the Become a Member and the Questions and Answers tabs at the top for more information.
- Plus, look for our Featured Events!
- And, join our Community Garden at Willow Grove.
BECOME a MEMBER TODAY and BEGIN SHOPPING!
(check out the tab bar across the top of the screen to Shop the Market, Become a Member, for Questions and Answers, for Recipes, etc.)
- No need to become a member at first. You may try ordering from Valley Homegrown 2 times FREE!
- To browse the market or order from us, you must first create an account by going to the tab at the top of the page that says ‘sign in.’ This allows you to be our guest, browse the market and receive future emails from us.
- If you like it, which I’m sure you will, the membership is $45 per family household for one calendar year.
For further questions on becoming a member (a buyer/grower/producer), or for help placing your order, please email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-353-9074.